Contact the Library
PO Box 617
Rochester, IL 62563 Phone: 217.498.8454 Fax: 217.498.8455
10 am-5 pm
10 am-4 pm
10 am-8 pm
library loan policies
Loan Periods Are:
- Two weeks for books, music, audio books and magazines.
- One week for movies in both DVD and VHS formats.
- Reference materials, including items from the local history collection, can only be used in the Library.
You may renew an item if no one else has an outstanding request for that item. Any items from outside our library system, received through Interlibrary Loan, may only be renewed for one additional loan period.
You may renew:
- in person, at the library.
- over the phone by calling the library at 498-8454.
- online via our website. You will need a PIN to access your account. Visit the library to establish a PIN.
Fines are ten cents per day per item overdue, not to exceed $5 per item.
Other Items of Note
We prefer you bring your library card with you to check out at the library.
If you have a fine, you may still check out additional materials as long as the fine is not over $5.00. If you owe more than $5 in fines, you may check out additional items only if you pay something towards the fine.
The only limits on materials are 6 DVDs per family. Other materials are “as many as you can carry.” Temporary restrictions may be necessary if there is a shortage of materials in certain areas or in order to ensure that an entire collection is not checked out at one time.
You should never allow anyone else to use your card; any fines or charges on your card are your responsibility.