Contact the Library
PO Box 617
Rochester, IL 62563 Phone: 217.498.8454 Fax: 217.498.8455
10 am-5 pm
10 am-4 pm
10 am-8 pm
friends of the rochester library
About the Friends
Friends of Rochester Public Library is a non-profit membership organization. Our mission is to aid in the continuing development and improvement of the Library. Members share a common belief that a good library is a valuable community asset and critically important to the intellectual and cultural growth of our community.
Friends of Rochester Public Library Board Meetings are open to all members. Meetings are held in the library at 6:30 p.m. on the third Thursday of the following months: January, February, March, April, May, September, October, and November.
Benefits of Membership
- Cultivate a love of books and reading.
- Increase opportunities for lifelong learning for children and adults.
- Support and sponsor new programs.
- Annual membership is tax deductible to the extent allowable by law.
- Participate in the March Book Sale MEMBERS NIGHT where Friends of Rochester Library will have the opportunity to purchase items the evening before the Annual Book Sale.
Become an Active Member
- Help with Summer and Winter Reading Programs
- Work at Annual Book Sale
- Volunteer in the Library
- Be a Special Projects Leader
- Provide Refreshments at Friends events
- Work in Rachel's Garden
- Work at the Children's Holiday Party
- Become a Board Member